Influence of Creative Arts in the development of young children
Kids love art! Let them get messy with finger paints, coloring in their coloring book, drawing with chalk, making a collage or using stamps to create their imaginary masterpiece. Art is a natural activity to support free play in children and there’s nothing that makes children happier than creating their art in an organic and un-influenced manner. It's an absolute no-brainer that arts allow kids to express themselves better than math or science.
Studies have found that fostering creativity among young children is not only fun and entertaining but also educational, which often reflects in other areas of their life and academic outcomes. The International Child Art Foundation says that “Research indicates that a child who is exposed to the arts acquires a special ability to think creatively, be original, discover, innovate, and create intellectual property—key attributes for individual success and social prosperity in the twenty-first century.” Art has a lot of positive effects on developing a child’s character and personality.
Check out some surprising benefits of letting your children go elbow-deep into those paints:
Scribbling with markers and crayons is a skill that sets the foundation for learning to write and hone fine motor skills which aid many more daily activities.
Children can increase their creativity and imaginative thinking, two skills that are increasingly linked with long-term professional success.
Creative expression through paintings and colors helps children articulate their feelings and thoughts in a self-directed exploration which is not only fun but educational as well.
Using numbers in collage, painting shapes, and drawing objects can help children use art as a basis for making comparisons, counting and spatial reasoning.
Creative Art Helps Children Develop across Many Domains. Here we list down some of the possible outcomes:
“A report by Americans for the Arts states that young people who participate regularly in the arts (three hours a day on three days each week through one full year) are four times more likely to be recognized for academic achievement, to participate in a math and science fair or to win an award for writing an essay or poem than children who do not participate.”
Art is a powerful avenue to work through regular life problems and allows children to imagine possible solutions. The act of exploring and trying new ideas develops a child's mind as a critical thinker and problem solver as they consider and make choices. Art helps develop unique skills which carry over the years as they grow to become responsible adults.
Build more confidence
Children need to develop confidence. They need the confidence to face any obstacle and engage the situation with calm reasoning. Through art, a child can develop great confidence and believe in their abilities. Moreover, art involves peer assessment and feedback. Receiving positive or constructive feedback can immensely boost self-esteem and allow children to recognize their strengths and accomplishments.
When we value children’s creativity, we help them feel valued as people, raising their self-esteem. Through creative art, children may be able to represent experiences that they cannot verbalize and find safe ways of expressing them. It allows them to create stories and interpret their vision of reality. Creative arts also help children let go of negative emotions or neutralize stress, anger or hate or fear.
202 INDUSTRIAL BLVD, UNIT 604
SUGARLAND, TX 77478
What The Parents Say
My daughter has tried gymnastics, ballet, music, and soccer. She did not enjoy any extra curricular activities until she started art classes with Mr. Neil. She has learnt to depict nature in her arts. Within a year, she has learnt to do water coloring.
Where to start? Neil is an inspiration to the Houston’s community. He manages to inspire and mentor so many individuals. I don’t believe he even realizes his influence. One of the most humble and grounded people I have had the pleasure to work with. He is passionate for his work and without a doubt gives all of his energy into his paintings.
It’s an amazing place to polish the talents who wants to be an artist. We been with Mr Neil over an year now . His dedication and flexibility of his schedule helping us incredibly to be a part of this team . My daughter definitely excited to attend each and every class as same as the beginning. . Seeing her happiness and her creativity make us more happy. Am so glad we able to find this excellent place .
Neil’s online art classes have been great! Three of my boys have been taking his classes (both in studio, and online since the quarantine), and we’re been so pleased with his instruction. My kids love him and always look forward to class, and they’re really improving their artistic skills.
Mr. Neil is a dedicated and accomplished art teacher; he inspires and challenges his students to use their creativity in their artworks. My daughter has been going to art class for more than seven years. I've seen her creativity and passion for art grow. She enjoys going to classes and comes home with a smile on her face, proud of her work.
Artistic Mentor (RedBlueArts Academy) has set out on a mission to enhance the lives of our students through art education, academic tutoring, science and art camps, and exciting party themes.
Artistic Mentor recognizes the gradual deterioration of the family unit and aims to build an institution that enhances the family culture to help instill lasting relationships among our family and those of our guests.
- To this end, we will initially facilitate art classes for RedBlueArts to endear our family to the families of our guests.
- As we become a cultural center that our guests love, we will start hosting camps and parties to become a mainstay in their lives.
- As we become a valued member of our guests’ lives, we will offer tutoring to all ages to become an indispensable institution that our families both love and trust.
- Facilitate all art classes for RedBlueArts Academy in a way that seeks only to boost the brand awareness of its director Gopaal Seyn (Mr. Neil).
- Use our expertise in both art and science to become a go-to destination for birthday parties and summer camps.
- Endear ourselves to our guest families so that they request additional education in STEM, spurring us to fulfill our plan to offer tutoring.
- We don’t want to be a scheduled stop in an otherwise busy schedule in the lives of our children; we want to be a destination that our children think about every day.
- Instill confidence in our guest families that we genuinely care about them in all areas we intersect, whether it be their heart, mind, or health.
- We value the HEARTS of our guests and of their families. It is our primary goal to create a quiet refuge for everyone in our classroom that allows our guests to focus on expressing emotion through art. This desire is so great that we have increased our offering to include art education, summer and after-school camp, and birthday parties.
- We value the MIND of our guests and of their families. We place great emphasis on education and desire to utilize the trust and excitement established in art education to enhance the abilities of our guests in their Liberal Arts and STEM education. To further our offering, we have tailored summer camp lessons and birthday party experiences for our guests’ total satisfaction.
- We value the HEALTH of our guests and of their families. We are serious about preventing the spread of COVID-19 and other viruses. We carefully adhere to all CDC (Centers for Disease Control) recommendations and promote the safety and well-being of all our guests and of their families while on premises.